Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:06:42 -0600
> I believe this is what happened to me.  I'm going to rewind the film a
take
> the loss..  Actually, I'll do that right now, and see what the results
are..

> This is my second roll of Superia 400 that has done that.  My first time
> this happened, I lost a lot of great shots as well.  arrrg...

 I haven't have any trouble with Superia but, I haven't shot tons of rolls
with it.

> OK, the film broke... at the feeder end of things!  I kept rewinding and
> rewinding, and NOTHING.   So I went to a darkroom, and popped the back
open.
> Arrg!!  The film was just bad..  The feeder threads were bad at about the
> 3rd shot..  So I don't think I have anything on the roll, and the roll is
> completely out now..  Should I still try to take it in and get it
> processed??  I think it's a goner right??  Damn it!  Those shots are
> replaceable..

As I said, take it somewhere cheap where they won't charge you
if nothing comes out but, I doubt that you have anything usable at all.

> Can I send it into fuji and get another roll?  I'm pissed off now..

Anything's possible but, I'd try for a toll-free number or a website and
check first.
It you send it to them and get nothing back, you'll be out the postage and,
be even more pissed.

Have you considered the possiblilty that your camera has some problems?
Is the rewind button on the front turning and releasing ok and resetting?

Film is pretty tough all things considered and doesn't rip that often or
easily,
without some force being applied.  Most of the ones I've seen break and
stripped
are from over-energetic manual winding and, a few screwed up auto-advance
cameras.

If this is a recurring problem, I'd say it could be the camera.