Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:34:38 -0800
Tom Scales wrote:
I once took a college photography course.  I had a brand-new paper holder
that printed without a border and used it for the first assignment.

The professor almost took my head off.  His point was that there was no way
a well-done photograph would magically be the dimensions of the paper.  Crop
it properly.

Robert R. Gries wrote:

Well I was brought up believing that full-frame is the only way to do
things.  We had to use ground-out film holders so that the prof. could
see that the composition was made in the camera, and not as an
afterthought.
Moose say:

Sounds like a professorial stand off. Guess that means I can do whatever I want to create the image I want. Actually, the image in my head is never the one I can actually create on film/paper, but Michelangelo also had this problem, so I won't complain too much.

Them as can do, them as can't teach?
If everyone had the same thoughts, there would be no art - and we would all die of boredom.