[OM] The Zen of film winding?

Subject: [OM] The Zen of film winding?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:43:12 -0800
Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
All mechanical things require the appropriate 'touch' for optimum function
This is also true of many electronic devices and software 'things'.
Touch can convey considerable information if we 'listen'.
You can feel film resistance, tearing, etc. if you pay attention.

I remember the frustration of both of us when I tried to describe to my son the difference between corrosion letting loose and a bolt getting ready to break as felt through a wrench.

Moose

Olympus wrote:

I think it might be the film..  But I have to admit, my crank is a bit on
the "energetic" side.. <snip>