Re: [OM] re: xray -- airport

Subject: Re: [OM] re: xray -- airport
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:11:24 -0500
Hmmm....that's interesting!
I just made 4 flights post-9/11 and have had more cooperation in asking for
a hand check than at any other time.  I had anywhere from 15-20 rolls neatly
packed in ziplocks, said I needed a hand check on my film and that it was
professional film.  Once or twice they asked the speed, so I said it was 25
to 800 and that speed was irrelevant since it was professional film.  I just
tried to sound like I knew what I was talking about and wasn't going to
budge.  I also said that I _needed_ a hand check rather than _asking_ for
one.  I also had repacked all of my film in Fuji translucent containers, and
only once did they actually open up each roll of film.  Most of the time
they simply wiped it with some cloth and put it under some sort of sensor.
Again, I have had more cooperation post-9/11 than before.  I'm sorry you
didn't have better luck, but it may have been b/c you had only one roll of
consumer film that can be purchased at the closest drug store when you
arrive at your destination (assuming you are US bound).
--p.j.