Re: [OM] Lots of Stuff, and some Questions !

Subject: Re: [OM] Lots of Stuff, and some Questions !
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:57:06 +0000
At 18:33 1/12/02, Jon asked:
Secondly, I posted a while ago about looking for a BG2 and a T20 or T32.
Some message I read recently implied that I would really need a winder to
use the BG2, or I may have misunderstood the point.  Anyone got any comments
on this ?

The BG-2 can be used alone, with a winder, or with a motor drive. Alone, it's best to mount it on the left side. This allows the left hand to hold the camera by the grip and the right hand can operate shutter release and wind lever.

With a winder or motor drive it is often convenient to mount it the BG-2 on the right side. The BG-2 has a trigger switch that can be connected to the winder (or motor drive) by a short cable. This allows operating the winder from the flash grip. Mounting to the right isn't required and the BG-2 can just as easily be mounted to the left side (unless you make a custom cable, shutter release must be done using the winder button; the M.Grip cord isn't long enough to reach the BG-2 if it's mounted on the left side).

-- John