[no subject]

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:51:24 +0100 (CET)
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] What will become of all this MF talk?

> I am a little concerned that this will become the "Former Olympus Users
Who
> Have Gone To Medium format" list, but...

That's all my fault..  well, not really a fault, but you know what I mean.

I just sold my 6x9 folder camera, and still have my OM, and even bought a
lens hood for it.. so, I don't think there's any danger in that.

Also, one of the strengths of the OM system is SIZE!!  I mean, have you SEEN
an RZ??  That short daytrip is not going to have a RZ packed in it, I can
guarantee you that.  Especially when my OM+3 lenses + flash + 5 rolls of
film + batteries + filters = a bag 6"x6"x6".  That's COMPACT..

The OM is not in dangered by MF.  No way..  Totally different beasts..

Albert

> Someone is interested in the RZ. First, almost all my industrial work is
> done in 6x6, and I have used it for personal work as well. When I worked
for
> the airplane factory, we shot the RB (pre-RZ days) HAND HELD! With Strobe!
> If you ever plan on taking your camera off the tripod, don't get the
Mamiya.