Re: [OM] Bounce Grip info required

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce Grip info required
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:22:25 -0500
On Sunday, January 13, 2002 at 16:22, Chris Linek <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] Bounce Grip info required" saying:

> Hi Zuikophiles
>
> Garage Sale near me has an Olympus Bounce Grip for sale.  I'm interested in
> adding this to my collection, but know virtually nothing about them.

Bounce Grip is for Quick Auto 320 flash.
Bounce Grip 2 is for T series flashes.

> What are the advantages of having one?

Faster cycling of flash
Longer life between battery changes
Bounce & swivel.
Off-camera placement with longer cord.
No red eye
Button to cycle winder.

> Why is there a battery compartment in the "handle" ?

Mystery of life.

> What is a good price? And what is a FANG price?

        $100 for BG2 is reasonable $20 would be a Fang!

> Is there anything I should look for that could be faulty.

Make sure it works. Bring an empty camera & a t32 & 4 C-cells, preferably
NiCds. Does it sync? Is flash cycling reduced compared to on-camera use of
t32?

> There is an extractable cable running in a groove underneath that looks to
> plug into a socket in my OM2sp, is this correct? And if this is where it
> goes, what is its function?
PC cord - X sync. T cable is preferable since it supports OTF.

The  3-pin sockets for for power.

See     http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/flashphotogroup.htm
and
        http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/1997/msg03688.html

tOM

tOM
------------------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-
photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115    N45.412
W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980