Re: [OM] Slides

Subject: Re: [OM] Slides
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:52:35 -0800 (PST)
I use Kodak E200 when I need more speed, or when
slightly less contrast is useful, and otherwise
Kodachrome 64.  I buy from Adorama (adorama.com) and
have been very happy with their service and prices.  I
buy the kodak mailers with the film and send it off to
Qualex.  I have never had a bad experience with that
and I have been doing it for 30+ years.  Most local
full service camera shops offer slide scanning, but
the quality and resolution varies tremendously.  For
the best CONSISTENT results, have them scanned by
Kodak to a photo CD (you have to request your camera
shop send them to Kodak for this - only a few local
very specialized professional photo shops do this
locally).  They may not be the absolute best, but I
have never got a bad scan from them, and I have got
truly horrendous scans from every other local source I
have tried.  They are competitive in price as well.
For example of Kodak Photo CD scans, see:
http://beta.content.communities.msn.com/EclipseChasers/PhotoAlbum

=====