Re: [OM] New Member Intro, First Post

Subject: Re: [OM] New Member Intro, First Post
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:31:27 -0500
Hi Larry,

Welcome! I've been meaning to ask you, do you shoot from the outside of the track or the inside? I took my son to the World of Outlaws here at Lowes Motor Speedway, and he couldn't believe the action. He said it was better than the motorcycle racing. We saw several photographers shooting at night from the inside of the track with very large flash reflectors. The photos turn out very contrasty, but that seems to be the norm in the sport.

Gregg

  Hello
My name is Larry Lype. I live in a suburb of Daytona Beach, FL. My main
shooting subject is motorsports, mainly sprint cars, with occasional
Winston Cup and Sports Car shoots at Daytona Intl Speedway. I have been
using Olympus equipment  exclusivly for many years as a hobby. My
current body list is;
OM - 1 Chrome
OM - 1 Black
OM - 10
OM - G
OM - PC's (2)
and several Zuiko lenses
and several "other brand" lenses

For the last 2 1/2 years, I have been shooting for the Tampa Bay Area
Racing Association Winged Sprint Series. Most of the photos wind up in
the TBARA website,
http;//www.tbara.com  for promotional use for the club. I have tried
"other" brands of cameras with "all the toys" (AF, etc) and still like
the way the OM's feel and work for me. I do not, and will not claim that
I am a "pro". I learn something each time I take the cameras out. I have
also picked up some good info from everyone here in the group.  Thank
You All.

Best Regards
Larry

Somedays it just dont pay to chew through the leather
restraints..............