Re: [OM] 400Speed Film, not so satisfying..

Subject: Re: [OM] 400Speed Film, not so satisfying..
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:00:50 +0100

Olympus wrote:

I'm curious if anybody else there have enlarged or scanned 400 speed film,
and have, afterwards, changed to a slower speed film.

Yes (used) and not really (changed) :)
I have scanned even Fuji 100-1000 film exp. on 800.
Did you get the acer scanwit? I don't really remember. What really helps is vuescan (www.hamrick.com), and the option *multipass. On the Device|advanced options set the multipass number to 3 or maybe even 4 or more. Grain reduction was much better then the *grain reduction opt. on the Color tab. You might look for film especially good at scanning though - like the Portra400BW is for BW. I don't know very much about neg. films because with the scanner I prefer slides now.

HTH
cheers
Doro