[OM] New Member Intro, First Post

Subject: [OM] New Member Intro, First Post
From: acmeracer@xxxxxxxxx (Larry)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:35:27 -0500 (EST)
   Hi Gregg
I normally shoot from the infield, however, at some tracks there are
good (i.e. "safe") places to shoot from. Which night were you there?
Your son was right, the Outlaws put on one fantastic show. Contrast is
somewhat worse when shooting a dirt race than pavement, with the dust,
etc. If your son thinks being in the stands is exciting, you should
stand in the infield in a corner and watch. Most of the "pro" shooters
look at my OM 1 and say "you "might" get something with that old camera,
you really need a _____ with a ______ lens. When I tell them that "this
old camera" has had a few photos published in race papers and mags, then
they shut up. One word of warning to your son, sprint cars are almost as
addictive as OM's and Zuikos. I speak from experence, as I am addicted
to both. <g>

Best Regards
Larry L. TBARA Webmaster, OM and Zuiko Addict
-----------------------------
Hi Larry,
Welcome! I've been meaning to ask you, do you shoot from the outside of
the track or the inside? I took my son to the World of Outlaws here at
Lowes Motor Speedway, and he couldn't believe the action. He said it was
better than the motorcycle racing. We saw several photographers shooting
at night from the inside of the track with very large flash reflectors.
The photos turn out very contrasty, but that seems to be the norm in the
sport.
Gregg

        Hello
My name is Larry Lype. I live in a suburb of Daytona Beach, FL. My main
shooting subject is motorsports, mainly sprint cars, with occasional
Winston Cup and Sports Car shoots at Daytona Intl Speedway. I have been
using Olympus equipment exclusivly for many years as a hobby. My current
body list is;
OM - 1 Chrome
OM - 1 Black
OM - 10
OM - G
OM - PC's (2)
and several Zuiko lenses
and several "other brand" lenses
For the last 2 1/2 years, I have been shooting for the Tampa Bay Area
Racing Association Winged Sprint Series. Most of the photos wind up in
the TBARA website,
http;//www.tbara.com

for promotional use for the club. I have tried "other" brands of cameras
with "all the toys" (AF, etc) and still like the way the OM's feel and
work for me. I do not, and will not claim that I am a "pro". I learn
something each time I take the cameras out. I have also picked up some
good info from everyone here in the group. Thank You All.
Best Regards
Larry

Somedays it just dont pay to chew through the leather
restraints..............