Re: [OM] It's been a long time, even in dog years

Subject: Re: [OM] It's been a long time, even in dog years
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:11:16 -0800 (PST)
'Other' camera manufacturers have looked down at Oly
for years. I mean look at their track record...

"Ha! Ha! Stupid Olympus. Who would want a small
compact SLR when they can get some heavy gigantic SLR
from us?"

"TTL flash? It'll never fly. Lets just license it to
Olympus, they are gullible enough to buy anything."

"Multispot metering? What a dumb idea! Why would
anyone want to let the idiot behing the camera decide
what he want to expose correctly and what he doesn't?
No, we must have matrix metering cause it sounds
cooler."

"Titanium plates as a standard? No, lets just use
plastic instead, after all plastic is the wave of the
future! We'll save the titanium stuff for the ultra
pros and collectors willing to pay $2000 for a body
alone."

And so on and so forth...

The more I think about it the more innovative I
believe Olympus was and is to this day in SLR design.

Mark Lloyd

BTW this is just a stupid theory. I really have no
idea what the real story is.