Re: [OM] Phoenix/Samyang

Subject: Re: [OM] Phoenix/Samyang
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:36:23 EST
They generally don't compare well to Zuikos. Some may say they're worth their
price (which is a fraction of a Zuiko's price). So then, IMO, the results
they'll give you are a fraction of the Zuikos'. For me to consider a
third-party lens, (over-simplified generalization to follow) it'll generally
have to be a Vivitar Series 1 line, a Tokina, or a Tamron. Others may be
suitable if you're leaning over the boat and are going to get salt water all
over your lens, but then, I wouldn't have a naked OM body in that predicament
either.

George S.