RE: [OM] OM-3

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-3
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:29:26 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert R. Gries

What's that got to do with anything?  All my gear is mine for
recreational/pleasure purposes.

Many, who don't routinely have a need for mirror lock up would argue that
it's an enhanced OM-1.

I'm almost with you, here, but get a 3 or 4 cold enough (I guess this
applies to the 2S as well) and watch the LCD display virtually disappear on
you. (schnozz can probably testify to this fact, living in the arctic as he
does.)

I wholeheartedly agree that 1,325 is a fairly insane price, but if you were
to find one at a more reasonable price, I'd encourage you to take it for a
spin around the block.  There's something magical about the marriage between
the sophistication of the 4's metering, with the jewel-like precision and
esoteric beauty of the 1's mechanics.

Jim, obviously still in denial...

8^0