Re: [OM] Euro character was...Can anyone price this lot for me ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Euro character was...Can anyone price this lot for me ?
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:46:34 +0100
Yo,

on Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:32:18 +0000, Chris Barker wrote:

>Ho ho Volkhart baby... ;-)

Yes, Santa? ;-)

>I use Eudora, so I don't know what sort of coding it carries out on
>non-ASCII text. On the other hand .... perhaps the question mark was
>your poor email client wondering at a strange new character??

The mails might also possibly undergo some translation processes while
passing through various systems - so it's kind of hard to figure out
why exactly the effect occurs.

>Seriously though, my computer showed me the Euro mark (¤) well
>enough, so I wonder what translating is going on ...

Just to summarize:  my Forté Agent shows your original Euro character
as quoted above - what Doro calls a "little star" (code 15/0Fh). Hers
shows as ? - the Euro character as it is supposed to be. Hers quoted
by you shows as a question mark.

Odd.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart