Re: [OM] Check is in the mail - Polaroid Rebate & Photoshop ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Check is in the mail - Polaroid Rebate & Photoshop ?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:16:37 -0800
on 1/14/02 3:28 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I was one of the folks who got in the mid to later parts of the feeding
> frenzy on the Polaroid SprintScan rebates.  My check arrived today so others
> should probably expect theirs shortly. Now all I need is a computer that will
> handle the scanner and Photoshop.  Might start out with Photoshop Elements.
> Any opinions on Elements rather than the full deal Photoshop.  Oh foolish me,
> asking if their are any opinions on this list. Bill Barber

Bill -- My rebate came yesterday and not a day too soon... my layoff date*
is Friday. After I move into my car and sell most of my shoes and clothes
I'll wind up thinning my Olympus stuff... <g>. I use my SprintScan with PS
Elements and it works just fine. You need to get *a lot* of memory to make
it usable, I increased my RAM from 128MB to 512MB (all my old Mac clone will
hold) and it was noticably more usable. Also, a large fast hard disk, as the
program uses the hard drive for 'scratch' space. You don't give up too much
with Elements versus the 'full' Photoshop program, and the cost is ~1/5
which will pay for the memory and fast disk drive.
--

Jim Brokaw

*anyone knowing of any procurement/purchasing jobs in the SF Bay area could
email me offlist to my everlasting gratitude!

JB