[OM] OM 35-70 F4 zoom

Subject: [OM] OM 35-70 F4 zoom
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:16:28 -0000
Jonathan,

I bought one years ago in Glasgow in a fit of lunchtime Zuikoholism. Initial
tests suggested it lacked contrast and was prone to flare. I specifically
didn't take it to Canada on holiday because I had taken no good shots with
it.

Over time I have learned that it is a pretty sharp and contrast lens, if you
bear in mind its limitations, i.e. use a hood or be very careful with your
framing to avoid the flare, and stop it down.

Given that I find it a pretty good lens. Not particularly fast and quite
heavy, but that and my 75-150/4 are a good, small, go-anywhere versatile
kit.

IMHO, YMMV (as ever)

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS