[OM] Re: Portra 160 NC With 4Ti and F280

Subject: [OM] Re: Portra 160 NC With 4Ti and F280
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:52:49 EST
Fellow Zuiks,

Just got a roll of Portra 160NC back that I shot at Christmas.  In general
the photos are great.  The skin tones are beautiful ( 2 yr old grand daughter
has beautiful skin).  The 4Ti and F280 set on "Auto" worked great.  However,
the exposures seem to be a little "hot"; not necessarily overexposed but the
photos are as though taken in a birightly lighted room.

Would I benefit by setting the 4Ti to 320 asa or some such to reduce the
amount of light from the flash before the TTL shuts it off?  Have any of you
had similar experience with this film, flash, camera combination?  The photos
were made with 35-70/3.6 set at f/8 and shutter at 1/60 second.  F280 set to
auto mode.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dave Dougherty