Re: [OM] Re: Portra 160 NC With 4Ti and F280

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Portra 160 NC With 4Ti and F280
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:13:37 +0100
Hello :)

DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx wrote:

Would I benefit by setting the 4Ti to 320 asa or some such to reduce the amount of light from the flash before the TTL shuts it off? Have any of you had similar experience with this film, flash, camera combination? The photos were made with 35-70/3.6 set at f/8 and shutter at 1/60 second. F280 set to auto mode.

(Beware, I'm no expert! Maybe I'm making myself look a fool;))
I don't understand what you mean by auto mode: Super FP? Normal?
And the camera: did you use it in auto mode? Or in manual, shutter *set at 1/60? Because when you had the 4Ti on auto and the resulting shutter speed was about 1/60 or slower you should switch the camera to manual and set the aperture depending on the distance to the object (manual says *refer to page 23 ;))
 - with f8 s1/60 about 2 meters.
Does this make sense?

cheers
Doro