Re: [OM] Re: Portra 160 NC With 4Ti and F280

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Portra 160 NC With 4Ti and F280
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:48:25 EST
The 4Ti was set on Auto and the F280 on "Normal" mode.  I misspoke when I
said "Auto".  I did not use Super FP as this situation needed flash
illumination, not fill flash.  The setting on the 4Ti of "Auto" and the F280
at "Normal" should result in TTL, OTF flash metering, right?  Shutter at
1/60th is needed for "Normal" mode.

The photos are nice and appear properly lighted except they are as though the
room was very bightly lighted.  Colors are rich and vibrant, not washed out.
I may be reacting to "flash" lighting since most of what I shoot is available
light.  I just wondered if increasing the asa to 320 would cause a reduction
of illumination with Portra 160 NC to achieve a slightly less bright
illumination.

Incidently, the 35/70 3.6 lives up to it's billing.  You can count every
eyelash on my grand daughter's eyelids and her eyes are sharp and bright
blue.  The lens is easy for me to use and it's "heft" actually lends to a
steadyness of hand for me.

Dave Dougherty