[OM] Moving to MF or digital

Subject: [OM] Moving to MF or digital
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:28:17 -0800
Well, let me just say, having gotten my film scanner this week, and scanning
over 300+ pictures, I can tell you, my pictures from my OM hold up well,
against the best.  My friend's Minolta is about the same, no visible
difference...  Considering what I paid for my OM system, I'm not going to
abandon it anytime soon.  I don't think I'll get that much for it if I sold
it, certainly I cannot replace what I currently have for as cheap, with as
high of a quality.

Just got off the phone with a friend, had a discussion about whether to go
MF or not.  The consensus is; yet another format to pour money into..  I'm
not that skilled nor is my wallet that fat..  So the MF line will have to
wait.  Also, MF doesn't REPLACE your OM, it suppliments it...  So again,
even if I get an MF, I won't be chucking my OM anytime soon.

Bottom line, I can fit 3 lenses, a body, a flash, 4 filters, a microfiber
cloth, 2 sets of extra batteries for the flash as well as for the meter, and
5 rolls of film, in a 6"x6"x6" bag..  No system short of the leica with the
R6.2 can really say that.  So when I need a bag that's grab and go, you know
which I'll grab.

So don't lement over the fact the OM system is going to die.  It's ok..
Celebrate it by taking a lot of pictures!

As for me..  I await the earth shaking announcement by Olympus that their
"new" line is an evolutionary step in the OM line, had to kill the father so
the son can become king type of thing.  I hope it's a "OM-5n" probably with
digital and/or film choice etc...  I expect innovation...

Albert