Re: [OM] Jim is going to Italy! What do I need?

Subject: Re: [OM] Jim is going to Italy! What do I need?
From: "Jim Johnson" <jeepnstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:20:00
Congratulations.  You'll have a ball.

When I was in Florence last spring, photos were not permitted in most museums. Churches were OK with photography but did not permit a flash. There was always some sort of sign at the door giving the rules for that location. I spent most of my time with a 35 f2.8 on my OM2s. In churches, I would shut off the winder and used the fastest film I could find. 1600 speed Fuji print film did OK for me.

If I were going back tomorrow (I wish) I would take my OM2s, winder 1, 35 f2.8, 37-70 f4, a flash where permitted, and a compact point and shoot as a backup.

Italy has so many beautiful sights. It's hard to put down one's camera long enough to enjoy the trip.

Ciao...

Jim