RE: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)

Subject: RE: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:56:39 -0500
But at most they can escort you off. They can't take your film or camera
from you, or ruin your film.

If they pushed it, they could make a complaint of trespass, but I doubt any
policeman or prosecutor would bother with it - unless they're friends...

tOM

On Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 10:08, Scott Gomez
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "RE: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG" saying:

> You're likely right, John. And mall interiors aren't "public" space (being
> privately owned), so your ability to take photos is dependent on the mall
> owner's wishes.
>
> Jan, (my girlfriend) says this is all a real "problem area". Commercial
> establishments are "quasi-public" in that they have done things that are
> deliberately aimed at bringing people inside. However, since they are still
> privately owned, people aren't covered by constitutional protections, as
> they are on government owned property in the US.

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714