[OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)

Subject: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:35:21 +1300
Hi Adam,

Get together a bunch of friends - 6 - 12,  fan out in front, and all start
shooting away at the same time. With a bit of luck he'll go purple in the face
as well. The friends don't even need to have real cameras - or film in them -
just pretend. Evening entertainment !

Brian

> I remember awhile back when the TOPE topic was on Human Society. Tom Scales
> posted a couple of shots taken at the local mall and the discussion turned to
> the rights of a photographer taking photos in such a location... i.e. being
> hassled by security guards ect. Well last night I took a stroll through the
> centre of Surfers Paradise to take some night shots. One pub took my eye
> because
> it is a new building but made out of sandstone (or replica sandstone!). The
> outside of the building had spot lights (as you would see on an old church or
> similar building) but the inside had these groovy purple fluro type lights
> giving some fantastic silhouette features of the patrons inside. So I decided
> take a shot of this. Next thing, along comes MR BURLY DOORMAN and sends me on
> my
> way (I did get a shot in first...hope it works out!). MR BURLY DOORMAN said
> that
> the building was not public property and because the name of the building was
> on
> the front it was copyright (or something like that).
>
> My understanding is that I was in a public place and because this was not
> for any commercial gain, that I had every right to photograph the outside of
> the
> building. Any comments/feedback are welcome. Cheers Adam

Zuikoholics, enablers, one and all.
Feeding fantasies, emptying pockets!