[OM] mono/tri pod dilema

Subject: [OM] mono/tri pod dilema
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:11:41 -0800
Here's the problem with the OM system.  It's too small.  My entire system
sits in a bag, no bigger than 6"x6"x6".  So...  I carry it with me wherever
I go in taiwan, and wherever else I migh travel.  I see my friend's N*kon
bag.  Ouch!  and he's only got like a body and 1 lens in it too!  BUT, what
I have noticed is, his bag is SOOOO huge, he can basically strap a monopod
on, and you wouldn't notice... BUT, on my OM bag, you would notice as it's
like a foot too long.

When I asked my friend's dad who has been a photographer for some 25+ years,
which is the best lens...  His answer was:

"The sharpest lenses produce the sharpest pictures.  The sharpest lenses are
generally the ones on tripods or monopods.  So save your money on the
thousand dollar lenses, and buy a tripod.  A Leica in hand, is generally
less sharp than anything else mounted on a tripod with mirror lockup."

I got his point..  And I know that a monopod will buy me about 3-4 fstops
more than what I can do in hand..

But how to carry it??  Also, what's the smallest one on the market right
now??

Thanks.
Albert