Re: [OM] Italy, taking "illegal pictures"

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy, taking "illegal pictures"
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:26:12 -0500
on 1/18/02 3:48 AM, Olaf Greve at o.greve@xxxxxxx wrote:

> me to use a tripod. I've always wondered why this is. Perhaps they are
> afraid the tripod somehow damages the floor or is a hinderance to other
> people ?!?

I always thought that it was because in their eyes, using a tripod means
you're a professional and will either be making money off your images (which
they'll never see) or you/your client won't be buying the images from them.
The rule is probably also in place to prevent amateur filmmakers from making
movies there without buying permits, hence ruining the atmosphere for the
cash carrying tourists?

Either one sounds possible to me.  Or maybe they just think that people will
trip over the tripod legs and sue?

Mike