Re: [OM] Film Xrays at airports etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Xrays at airports etc
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:46:33 -0400

AG Schnozz wrote:

> All I know is that the next time I fly, I'll have to completely
> reinvent my packing methods and what I carry with me.  Out of
> the hundreds of flights I've taken, my pocket knife (4"
> blade)

I've carried on a pocket leatherman in the past, has scissors, small
blade, etc. I just threw it in the basket with the coins, and have had
no questions asked. I suspect those days are gone.
As to film now, might it not be best to leave it out of the cannisters
altogether, even the semi transparent fuji ones, and just put it in zip
lock bags? and always take along a couple clearly marked 800 films, even
if you don't want them.
Wayne