Re: [OM] Tamron 28-200mm zoom question

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 28-200mm zoom question
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:28:38 +0100
You should note that there are two Tamron 28-200 lens. Model 71A was made
from 94-98, and model 171A (with internal focussing) from 1998 onwards. The
later model 171A focusses much closer, to 0.8m, instead of 2.1m with the
earlier 71A. That can be very significant in practice, especially at the
short focal lengths.
I do not have direct experience of the two models, though I have used a
similar Vivitar that was also limited to 2m close focus.

Sincerely,
Roger Key

Anybody have this lens?  If so, how is it in terms of size and performance?
I am looking for a lens that is a great "travel" lens, something I can take
without changing lenses..

Thanks.
Albert