[OM] Infecting the young 'uns

Subject: [OM] Infecting the young 'uns
From: "garyetx" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:56:55 -0600
Some of you will recall that I gave a young man (son of family friends) a
four-lens, one-body OM kit as a high school graduation gift three years ago.
He has enjoyed it but last year the advance mechanism of the OM-2N jammed.  He
didn't have cash for a trip to John's shop so had set the camera aside until he
did.

Today he tracked me down to breathlessly tell me of his find - a clean OM-1 kit
with three lenses, flash, and manuals.  The pawn shop started out asking $200
but B. J. bargained down to a trade for an unused electric bass amplifier.  He
was quite pleased with his find and, based on his estimate of the worth of the
amp, I believe he made a pretty good deal.  We'll be getting together soon and
I'll let him have one of my stash of Hg cells so we can go learn a little about
photography together.  Made my day.

Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://home.attbi.com/~garyetx/