Re: [OM] Hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Hood
From: Don <dong357@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:23:46 -0600
You guys are absolutely correct! Upon closer examination (with a magnifying glass, [my eyes are not what they once were]) that little handle does have screw threads on it. It is used to tighten the hood on the lens. A drop of WD40 and a pair of pliers did the trick! It was just a little stubborn from lack of use over the years. It works great now.

Boy I have yet to ask a question about Olympus gear on this list that has not been answered correctly in just a few hours. The list will become even more crucial to Oly users now that Olympus is dropping the OM line. Keep up the good work guys and thanks again.

Don

At 03:56 AM 1/19/02, you wrote:

on 1/19/02 12:42 AM, W.Xato at xato0@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The pin that you see should have a little knurled knob
> at the end of it. This tightens a band on the inside
> part of the hood. I don't know of any way to fix it
> however.
> Warren

The thread *might* be a standard (very small) metric thread, in which case
you can look for a small screw with head that will thread in place if the
'pin' you have now. The head of the screw becomes the handle to tighten the
hood in place. Try a model shop or a specialized fastener distributor, take
the hood in so you can try the fit...
--

Jim Brokaw

---