Re: [OM] OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:21:07 +0100
Hi Wayne.

I have described my (simple) solution to this problem on this list, I
guess about three years ago. No filing needed, but a reversible
modification (not voiding the warranty).

Quote:
: Hello all, in particular John H. and Tomoko Y.
:
: I made the modification needed to have the shutter being no longer
: blocked by the winder switch in rest position.
: I have never made any modification this easy, and what is more
: important (warranty!) it is completely reversible.
:
: You only need to deassemble the winder switch (by unscrewing the tiny
: Phillips screw on the downside of the handle) and taking temporarily
: away the next three parts lying around its axis.
: Then the blocking ring is lying on top and the only thing I did was
: turn it upside down, making sure that the little protuberance in the
: ring which would normally shift under the shutter points to the back
: rather than to the front (maybe I should say to eight o'clock instead
: of ten o'clock)
: After that you can reassemble the winder switch exactly as it was
: before. The little protuberance now lies almost exactly under the
: winder handle.
: All it took was exactly three minutes... and now the OM2000 is free of
: the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it still has twelve
: months of warranty - I didn't even have to open the camera body.
:
: Frank van Lindert
: Utrecht NL.

Frank van Lindert