Re: [OM] OM4Ti Failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti Failure
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:07:05 -0500
Dear adi

So get the contacts gold plated: http://www.goldplater.com/
No corrosion then. Except for the batteries...

Tom

On Saturday, January 19, 2002 at 23:32, adi <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] OM4Ti Failure" saying:

> Today was the first time I would be using my OM4Ti on a professional
> assignment. After extensive testing, I had concluded that it would be
> suitable for the event coverage I would use it for. One roll went through
> and it was fine. I took pictures of people talking, laughing and eating. The
> next roll went along slowly and surely. The flash fired, the exposures came
> spot on.
>
> Frame 34, I fired, the mirror went up but did not come down. the flash didnt
> fire. I depressed the shutter release, no exposure scale in the viewfinder,
> nothing, camera was dead, moments were happening before my camera but I was
> stuck, I panic. I reached for my Leica, I carry on, but in available light
> this time, holding my breath, squeezing off low light exposures. I smile,
> but under my breath I curse my dead OM4Ti. Why Olympus?- I cry in my mind.
> My OM4Ti feels like a useless brick.
>
> I bring it to the corner, load new button batteries, nothing, I load the old
> ones, nothing.
>
> I put the thing away. 20 minutes later, assignment over, and saved by my
> Leica.
>
> I am looking at the Om4Ti, figuring out what went wrong, I take out button
> batteries, wipe them down, load them again, nothing.
>
> Then I depress the little spring in the battery chamber, I load the
> batteries again.
>
> Om4Ti comes to life.
>
> Moral of the story, make sure battery contacts are good.
>
> But I am fazed by this experience, This was a new camera, it should not have
> failed. I take care of my stuff. Not a small thing like this.
>
> Never had a camera fail on me like this. Disapointed.
>
> Long live my Leica. Never failed.
>
> --Adi
------------------------ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980