[OM] Re: slip on (off) lens hood

Subject: [OM] Re: slip on (off) lens hood
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:51:36 +1300
Don,  It sounds to me as though you have one which was manufactured with
a knob on the end of that pin, for turning and tightening the metal clamp
inside the rubber where it slips on the end of the lens. The 35~105 has that
system, and I had no end of problems with that tiny knob unscrewing and
falling off literally *anywhere* until I gave in and Loctite'd it into
position. That
was 10 years ago and I've had no repeat of the problem since, touch wood.
(Puts finger on forehead).

Is there a screw-thread on that pin, or a fracture pattern indicating that the
end was broken off?

Brian