[OM] Have Seen X-Ray Damage

Subject: [OM] Have Seen X-Ray Damage
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:12:19 -0800
Well,

For the first time I saw the results of X-Ray damage to exposed film.
Customer came into the local lab I am working with. He had flown in a few
days earlier from Hamilton, Ontario (we are near Victoria BC). He brought
in a roll of Kodak Gold 200 that had been shot. Without thinking he had put
it in his baggage before leaving Hamilton. Once processed the whole thing
was fogged badly - it also had the "wave" marks that Kodak show in their
website tech bulletin - very distinctive. The fogging was bad enough that
nothing on the 24 exposure roll was even remotely printable.

Kodak is very clear on the website about NO film (exposed or not - ANY ISO)
going through the baggage scanners.

Barry H