Re: [OM] 28mm vs. 24mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm vs. 24mm
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:08:45 -0800 (PST)
I agree. I've had the 28/3.5, three 28/2.8s and now
the 28/2. None of them ever "excites" me. I think my
natural field of view is the same as the 28 making it
a normal lens for me in a way and I expect more from
it. Even my P645 28 equivalent (the 45/2.8) does not
impress me at all even though I keep it on the camera
at all times. The 24mm field of view starts to get me
going however.
Warren

--- "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Zuiko 28/2.8 seems to be a lens that is only
> ever
> mediocre in performance. It is a 'blah' lens. 24mm
> IMHO is a far more exciting and nice angle to shoot
> with. I get lots of nice shots with 24mm that I
> don't
> like with 28mm. Of course this is granted with the
> fact that supposedly the 28/2 is a far superior
> lens,
> but I've never used it.
>
> Mark Lloyd

=====