RE: [OM] Body Cap Help

Subject: RE: [OM] Body Cap Help
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:09:52 -0800
There's no difference between the body caps for the various OM bodies. All
Zuiko OM-System lenses have to fit all bodies, therefore all bodies must
have the same mount, which means they must all be able to use the caps from
any other OM body.

Position of the cap doesn't matter either. The small arrow embossed on the
cap is there just to make it easy to line the cap up when putting it on:
point the arrow at the red dot on the mount and you're gonna be all set to
go. Any other position is "trial and error" but doesn't make a difference.
The caps are symmetrically cut.

Sounds like you've got the cap slightly angled. I've done this before with
worn ones. It's possible to get the cap "on" at a slight angle, and for some
reason it can then be much more difficult to get off than it was to get on.
Try rotating the cap back and forth through small increments--but primarily
in the "off" direction--and see if it'll free up.

---
Scott Gomez