Re: [OM] OM4Ti Failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti Failure
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:00:46 -0800

MY GOD! A NIKON PROFESSIONAL CAMERA GIVING NO END OF TROUBLE!!! THIS IS
IMPOSSIBLE, AS THEY ARE SOOOOO MUCH MORE RELIABLE THAN ANY OLYMPUS
CAMERA!!! (This is actually a common perception!)

I'm also sure that the Leica that "saved the day" and "never gave a day
of trouble" was just a luckier situation with a camera that could just
as easily not been so reliable. Just like the OM-4Ti problem was
probably just a freak occurance, especially since it was new. Who knows
when Olympus actually made the camera, and how long it was sitting until
actually purchased.

So, you always clean the contacts when you buy a camera - new or used,
just to be sure. Big deal.

I've had my OM-4T for 2 years, now and bought it used. It has "never
given me a day of trouble"

I've had my OM-2n for 21 years, and it, too, has never given me a day of
trouble in and out of professional use. Where during my assisting days,
Nikon F-1,2,3's etc., and Canon F-1's were constantly breaking and being
sent over to Marty Forscher. He became a millionaire on the lack of
reliability of Nikons and Canons (not even under very hard usage)

Didn't know too many pros using Leicas, but have read about enough
people having problems at the decisive moment.

Larry :)

 >. My uncle got a Nikon F3 that gave him no
 > > end of trouble

I have to add that my OM4T used since 1990 when I bought it new has been just as reliable as my Leica M3 was, that is, zero problems. The intervening Canon F1 broke once and had to be repaired.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California