[OM] Tungsten Film and Night Shooting

Subject: [OM] Tungsten Film and Night Shooting
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:58:11 +0000
Between Christmas and New Year's Eve I loaded up a roll of Ektachrome 160T in the OM-2s to do some night shooting. Never used tungsten film before, so this was an experiment to see if it would make color balance of night Christmas lighting any easier than the nightmares encountered in the past using daylight transparency film and sometimes using a tungsten->daylight 80A filter that's almost impossible to see through.

Got some interesting results:
a.  Last two on this page were done inside my home (available light):
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/olympusgallery12.html

b.  First four on this page were done in downtown Indianapolis:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/olympusgallery13.html

Color balance of the Photo CD scans (which have zero correction) was much simpler and these very closely match the slides. Next time I might try some Ektachrome 64T (finer grain)!

-- John