Re: [OM] OM4Ti Failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti Failure
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:58:48 -0800
In a message dated 1/20/2002 Adi writes:

<< Imagine if your OM gear failed when you needed it, how would you feel
about it?

That was what I went through,

perhaps it will also let others know that this can happen. >>

Normally a professional on assignment will have more than one body,
regardless of brand, just in case such an unfortunate occurrence were to
occur.

That said, I have often only carried one body, leaving backups in my car
trunk (but always spare batteries). I have that much confidence in my
OMs, and walking (or getting a shuttle ride) back to the car wouldn't
have been a show stopper.

I have encountered the problem you described with an OM-2S body. I wound
up using the tip of a car key (use what you have with you kinda deal) to
clean the spring contact and all was well.

Glad to hear you got the job done anyway, sorry about your trouble. It
really doesn't matter what brand your backup was, could have been an
OM-1, but you were fortunate to have a backup camera along.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com