Re: [OM] OT Philosophy (was) OM4Ti Failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Philosophy (was) OM4Ti Failure
From: "Charles Monroe" <chasmnro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:03:27 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Barker" <Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 1:47 AM
Subject: [OM] OT Philosophy (was) OM4Ti Failure
              <snip>

 <<< Getting a photo a part of the world that I was not looking at
> at the time proves that that part of the world existed when I was
not
> experiencing it.  That is the reason (probably) that SLRs are more
> satisfying than rangefinders and the like - because the mirror
blocks
> the viewfinder for a time, however short, and when we get the prints
> back we can see that the world (or that scene anyway) was still
there
> when we were not experiencing it>>>
                            <snip>

Maybe I jaded or whatever but at least to me, musing like this are
like
contemplating how many angles can stand on the head of a pin, or when
that tree falls in the forest and no one is there does it make a
sound.
You blink your eye, flip your mirror, or you go to sleep it does not
matter
the old world grinds on with or without you and as far as most of us
are
concerned will exist long after we are dust.

Chris - No offense intended

Sitting here waiting for the freezing rain or maybe snow to start.
Charles Monroe