Re: [OM] OM4 and the exposure compensation dial

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 and the exposure compensation dial
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:05:36 -0800
At 11:29 AM 1/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Wright, Steve (Darlington) wrote:

> Having set the film speed to, say, 100 ASA, you take a frame, then take
> subsequent frames with + 1, then + 2 stops compensation.  You then look at
> the ASA indicator and it now reads 400 ASA - or anything other than 100
> ASA!!

Yup, that's a problem with the original OM-4/OM-3 ASA dial.  They improved
the design in the OM-4Ti/OM-3Ti so it doesn't happen as often.  You can
adapt the new ASA dial to the old bodies if you really want but you need to
change a lot parts.  It's probably not worth it.
                                -mark

I almost ALWAYS have that problem on the OM-4T, and it is happening w/ the same frequency w/ the OM-4.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]