Re: [OM] Off the camera TTL, a cheaper way?

Subject: Re: [OM] Off the camera TTL, a cheaper way?
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:20:32 -0600
If you can't afford the Olympus T accessories, go with the Duosync. Then start
buying the T accessories one at a time when you find them at a good price...

The cable on the duosync is just a curly four conductor telephone handset
cable. You could replace it with your own longer version. Adding connectors to
a generic shoe is not a job for the faint-hearted, and getting the tolerances
right was even a bit beyond the people who created the duosync.

As for impedance, my semi-literate opinion (my brother is the electrical
engineer, I just do software) is that it does not matter, at least up to 5
meters. To prove this, if someone has two or more 5 meter T cords they could
link them together and see if the flash fires properly.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa