Re: [OM] A good tripod?

Subject: Re: [OM] A good tripod?
From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:33:27 -0500
Have a  Slik U-212, and a Star-D Professional (Same tools & dies as the
Tilt-All- and no, not significantly lower quality) for 20 years. I've always
used my Sinar 4x5 on the Star-D, along with my Oly stuff. Don't have a ball
head, hardly paid anything for the pair, and Never had a tripod shake problem.
Make sure its situated on the ground properly, and use a cable release, or self
timer. Unless you have lots of extra money, save it, buy something middle of the
road - above the obviously crappy, and concentrate on setting it up squarely,
and on the photograph you are trying to make.

Larry