RE: [OM] OT Philosophy (was) OM4Ti Failure

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Philosophy (was) OM4Ti Failure
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:36:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Marc Lawrence wrote:

> Again, no offence meant, when I quote.....
>
>  "While I'm still confused and uncertain, it's on a much higher plane,
>  d'you see, and at least I know I'm bewildered about the really
>  fundamental and important facts of the universe." Treatle nodded. "I
>  hadn't looked at it like that," he said, "But you're absolutely right.
>  He's really pushed back the boundaries of ignorance."
>  -- Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
>
> and
>
>  They both savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant
>  than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things.
>  -- Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

Well if you're going off in that direction...

"we demand that there be well defined areas of doubt & uncertainty"
-- Douglas Adams, HHGTG

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |