Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night sky

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night skys?
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:40:12 -0600
> I've seen them in catalogs, but not recently. The ones I saw are just a
> little LED light as big around as a button cell with a ring to hold them
> on a finger. I figured they would just get in the way of using my hands
> and/or sang on pockets/clothing/equipment straps and go flying off
> somewhere, and probably hurt me in the process.

Well, at last someone who's safety-minded and thinks like me.
I spent all summer spraining alternate ankles when
I wasn't falling on my ass on a dew-ey spot in the grass or,
doing spilts into the cistern.

Imagine what I'd have done without enough light to walk by!
(And, I'm not saying that all of this happened in the dark but, that
certainly doesn't help matters).
I'm retired with a bad back anyway.  Falling on it certainly doesn't help!
> A little LED light on a
> string around ones neck works fine for photography.
> Wow! now that I think about it, I think I'll get one of those little
> spring loaded gizmos people put ID/Keycards on and put a little light on
> it. Not the old heavy duty one for a ring of keys, the lite plastic ones.
My experience with car alarms and other things on a ring with keys
is that you drop it, the keys land on top of it and, pop it open or break
it.
Besides which, you don't really have room to work it.  How do you shine the
light from a keychain on a keyhole and, insert the key at the same time?