Re: [OM] OM-PC quality

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC quality
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:42:49 -0800
Winsor:

I hear you.  The CLA on both of my OM-1s cost more than the purchase
price of the bodies.  However, I felt that they were worth the
investment.  I think anyone buying a used OM body should budget to have
it CLA'd, even if it "works" at the moment.  I would rather spend the $$
on a single digit OM than a PC, however.

While writing this UPS delivered my OM-2n from Photosphere. It was okay
when I bought it (KEH Excellent), but I wanted everything checked out,
and a new baseline established.  Now everything works and feels like it
did when it was new.  My baby is back - Thanks Clint!

A person balking at the price of a CLA should go to their local camera
store, and ask to see a C*non Rebel, a N*kon N65, etc.  The cost of a
CLA looks pretty modest, compare to buying (and using) a
"Wonderbrick(ette)".

Bill Stanke