Re: OM-2MD [OM] What's the difference between it and a OM-2 and/or a OM-

Subject: Re: OM-2MD [OM] What's the difference between it and a OM-2 and/or a OM-2n?
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:49:32 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Goss" <STEVEG3@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: OM-2MD [OM] What's the difference between it and a OM-2 and/or
a OM-2n?

> An OM-2MD is an OM-2 (not the N version) with an MD
> nameplate on the front. While there were some OM-1's
> that were made before the OM-1MD was available, I
> believe that all the OM-2's are MD capable, and have
> the MD logo.

Mine is motor drive capable (according to the manual) but, does
not have the MD logo.  So, when they came out with the OM-1MD,
the changed the logo on the OM-2 and added a MD?

> Since you have both the OM-2 and OM-2N, you know about
> the differences in handling T series flash between
> those two.
Ahh...  Sorta...
An OM-2 Shoe 2 only works right with a Quick Auto 310.
To use a T* flash, you need to put a shoe 3 on it.

Just found that out recently.
Wondered why I couldn't get a flash picture for anything.
How about 3rd party flashes?  Know anything about them?

I want to sell a friend an OM-2 with a Focal OM-dedicated flash
which, works very nicely on the OM-2n's.
Don't think I've tried it on the OM-2.  Assuming it's T* compatible (it
lights the indicator)
isn't there any trick to make it work in TTL auto mode?

Or, does anything except a QA 310 have to be run in dumb auto-flash mode
on an OM-2 with a shoe 2 unless you  buy a shoe 3?
Since I want to sell it, I hate to have to  buy a new shoe for it...

Thanks,
Jon