Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night sky

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night skys?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:27:37 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:57:37 -0500, Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 18:04, Barry B. Bean
><olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote re "Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [O" saying:
>> If i'm in the darkroom long enough, I can read from my timer, and can see
>> shapes from the light of my radio/CD player power LED.
>
>You' better turn your back on those to load any film to or from a roll.

I've had the darkroom up and running for a couple of years and have
never had a problem with fogging. Now, I turn everything off, cover
the timer, and wait until its dark outside (in case of leaks) to
handle Infrared film, but no problems with Tri-X, delta 3200, or
other black and white films.

>> That said, I can assure you that normal functioning in the woods, on
>> cloudy moonless nights is still entirely possible.
>
>Not in the real boonies.

Oh, hell. And all this time I thought I'd lived in the real boonies.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co
http://www.beancotton.com