Re: [OM] Digital Day Coming-WAIT A SECOND!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Day Coming-WAIT A SECOND!!!
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:41:10 -0800
Snip

====You know, I have been reading this thread with interest, but just had to
tell you a story that just happen to a friend of mine.   He works at Nortel
(one of the few left) here in Canada.  A few years back he got the N*kon D1.
It is now out of warranty and needs to get fixed.  You know what, it is
going to cost him half the price of the camera!!! (some CCD issue).  The
current camera used is about half of the original price.  N*kon apparently
told him the cost is so high because parts are now getting hard to get.
This leads me to think that digital photography is not the panacea everyone
thinks it is.======

And what does he have for a back up?
Most of us have one or more extra bodies that cost around $200
and can be used in most professional situations.
I don't think I could afford 2 pro quality digitals just to have a back up
which is essential.

Charlie