Re: [OM] Last Sunday Samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Last Sunday Samples
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:47:30 -0600
> Was it taken that way, cropped or, is there no particular reason? >>
>
> Thank you! I just opened them both and they are the same on my screen.
> Strange...
Must have been the way they were posted on the web pages.
I selected the images in IE and right-clicked, chose "properties"
and, they were definately different resolutions (nnnn x nnnn pixels .vs.
nnnn x nnn pixels).
However, the station wagon was at the lower resolution so, no big loss :)

> None of the digital shots have been altered in any way (yet). What
> appears in the QCUSA Thunderhill 2002 galleries are as they came right
> out of the camera. All were shot at maximum resolution. Most were saved
> in 4:1 JPEG mode. Some (the 32MB card I used when my pair of 128MB cards
> filled up) were saved at 8:1.
>
> One cool feature on the E-10 is the ability to set the pixel dimensions
> and compression settings yourself. On my camera I have all modes set for
> maximum resolution, just varying degrees of compression (with 4:1 being
> my standard until I get more memory storage).
>
> I am much happier with the results from last Sunday than I was the first
> time I tried the camera at the track (which was only 4 days after I
> bought it). It makes for a very nice supplement to my film shooting
> (which I still prefer the results of, but I am enjoying my new toy <g>).
Hey!  What are boys - without their toys?

It would be nice to have a gunstock or other dual-mount rig and a dual
cable release to do true side by side comparisons.

Jon